Permanently reducing the amount of hair on the face/body
This is accomplished when a specific colour of light is emitted and absorbed by the colour in the hair itself. This causes the temperature in the follicle of the hair to reach 70 degrees celceus destroying it. It is only possible for a hair in the active growing stage to reach the temperature needed to destroy the bulb. It’s because of this, that there are multiple treatments required to reach 80-90% hair reduction.
What happens during a treatment
The technician will ask if there is any change in the clients health, medication or lifestyle that will change affect the treatment.. They will inspect, clean and if necessary shave the treatment area. The settings will then be adjusted on the OMNI MAX S3.
The handpiece with a small water chilled window is held lightly against the skin by the therapist. A very quick pulse of light will be emitted from the window and absorbed into the skin. The therapist will lift and move the handpiece repeatedly in order to cover the whole treatment area.
The client will feel the initial cold of the window followed by the heat created by light being absorbed by the skin and hair.
The technician will assess the skin and check the clients comfort during the duration of the treatment.
A cooling gel is applied to the skin after the treatment is completed.
Possible Side Effects
Discomfort: stinging, burning sensation (up to one hour after the treatment)
Change of Colour: a change of skin colour may occur in the treated area (darkening/lightening)
Fragile Skin: the skin at or near the treatment site may become temporarily fragile
Purple bruising: may appear on the treated area and may last from five to fifteen days
Hot humid weather conditions can aggravate skin in the period immediately before and after treatments!!
- avoid sun exposure for 4-8 weeks prior to IPL treatments
- always wear sun protection!
- avoid any heat 48 hours prior to or 48 hours after IPL treatments
- avoid strenuous exercise or any activity which will cause sweating or excessive heat to the skin
- avoid saunas, hot tubs, hot showers
- avoid alcohol 48 hours prior
- avoid make up antiperspirants or any topical creams which ay not allow for the skin to properly breath, 24 hours post treatments
- shave only prior to treatments
- do not wax, tweeze, sugar or thread for 5-6 weeks before treatments
- let the technician know if there is any changes to the medial history or new medications
- avoid picking, rubbing, or peeling of the skin
- avoid microdermabrasion or peels for two weeks prior to treatments
- discontinue Accutane 6 months prior
- discontinue use of Retinoic acid products 2 weeks prior
- if the skin is red, irritated or sunburned, the IPL treatment must be rescheduled
- discontinue using bleaching creams 2 weeks prior
- avoid using essential oils and highly perfumed products for 48 hours prior
- do not use sun block within 12 hours of treatment
- avoid swimming in strong chlorinated water immediately before an IPL treatment
- avoid direct sunlight, tanning beds or self tanners for at least 2 weeks before a treatment
- wear SPF 50+
- if there are scabs or blisters, make up should not be used for 3-4 days
- avoid touching, rubbing, peeling, or picking the treatment area
- gently apply pure aloe vera gel or antibiotic ointment to the treated area twice daily until healed and dry
- cold pack may be placed over the treated area to reduce swelling and or discomfort for the first 2-3 days. Discomfort is usually minimal but pain medication can also be taken for pain and swelling if required
- avoid hot baths showers hot tubs and saunas for 1 week post treatment
- avoid strenuous exercise for 24-48 hours following clinical treatment
- avoid swimming in strong chlorinated water 24 hours after an IPL session
- Full Face$130Not including neck
- Upper Lip$50
- Cheeks$75Cheekbone area
- Forehead$75From brows to hairline
- Sideburns$75Includes below ears
- Temples/Upper Brows$75
*Treatments done every four to eight weeks
*Complimentary Consultation Required